Thursday, October 16, 2008

COOKIES!

We Made Chocolate Chip Cranberry cookies today.  I won the pre-packaged mix at Bunco last month so I decided that today was the day to try it out.  The mixes are from the Prepared Pantry here in Idaho Falls.   I think it is in Idaho Falls?  I am not really sure if it is here, or in Shelley.  Regardless of where the place is, the mix was fabulous!  I was hesitant about the cranberries being in there, but oh man, it was nice to have such a different flavor mixed in there.  Here is a shot of Abigail enjoying her fresh baked cookie this afternoon.  I am not sure that we even posted a picture of her doorway playhouse that she got for her birthday.  She loves that thing because the doorbell rings.   She was pretending to go into her house and bake some cookies of her own.  



A little side note:  Bedtime has been difficult this month because Abby wants to be with us in our room.  I can't imagine why, with the Tempurpedic being fabulously comfortable and all :)  I kept taking her to her room and finally thought of a fun little thing to keep her occupied.  I told her to invite her babies to story time, help them say their prayers and tuck them into bed.  I left her up there to do her thing and heard her on the monitor actually reading them her color and animal book.  It was so stinkin' cute.  I went up there to tuck her in and she had her babies (mr. bumblebee, mr. penguin, dolly, puppy and teddy) lined up and tucked in.  I told her it was time for bed and she said " Mom, we haven't finished our story yet"   I sat in the rocking chair across the room so I could watch her finish reading to her babies and then tucked her in.  I went downstairs and went to bed.  Steve was still up doing homework.  After all that, she still ended up in our bed around 12:00 because she was screaming about a monster in her closet.  I guess that is what we get for letting her watch Monsters inc.  It is no longer her favorite movie, she has moved onto The Little Mermaid!



1 comment:

ClancyPants said...

Why, oh why do you have to talk about those cookies on here!! I'm sitting here at 12:20 craving cranberry cookies now!! :)

I love the chocolate all over Abby's face.